250 g plain sweet biscuits
125 g butter, melted
375 g cream cheese
3/4 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1. Base: Crush biscuits and mix well with melted butter.
2. Line 20cm spring pan and press biscuit mixture firmly onto base of pan and refrigerate.
3. Filling: Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
4. Add the 3/4 cup of caster sugar and beat well.
5. Add 1 whole egg, 2 egg yolks, sour cream and lemon juice and beat well.
6. Beat the egg whites until peaks form and then beat in the tablespoon of sugar.
7. Fold in the egg whites through the cream cheese mixture.
8. Pour into the base and book at 140°C (fan forced) or 160°C (not fan forced) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Leave in the oven with the door open for an additional 15 minutes before removing. (This can help to avoid it cracking).
9. Decorate as desired.
I used McVitties digestives biscuits as they crumble a bit better. You can get this at the supermarket. I also added a dash of vanilla essence to the mixture. Just before I served it I added a heap of fresh strawberries on top and drizzled strawberry topping all over.