I have to admit… I do feel better with a tan. I don’t like sunbaking, but I am definitely not against a little fake tan. Let’s face it – tanned fat is better than white fan. A tan can instantly make you look and feel slimmer.
I am so white, but I absolutely hate getting burnt. When I burn I go red, it hurts, and once I heal I go back to white with a few extra freckles on my nose. It’s just so not worth it.
I do love fake tan and spray tans. As long as you don’t go too far, they can look great. Just remember that less is more. Don’t go too far like some of these stars have or you will be heading straight to tackywood blvd.
For spray tans I go to Ella Bache and Body Bronze. I find they have the best natural colour. A spray tan usually costs around $45. They don’t last very long on me, so I make my appointment two days before the event I am attending and always ask the person spraying me to apply the tan quite heavily.
For do it yourself tans I like:
– Le Tan Spray in Le Can – Be careful not to put too much on at once. This can keep darkening after application, so be careful. You can always add to it later if it isn’t dark enough.
– Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs – This is basically foundation for your body. I find it gives my skin a more flawless and airbrushed finish.
– Dove Summer Glow – This is a gradual tanning lotion. Easy to apply and doesn’t have that smelly fake tan scent.
The best tips I can give you to ensure your tan lasts are:
– It is best to do any shaving or waxing the day before your tan. You need to let your skin settle before you apply your tan. Don’t do this after your tan or you will take it all off.
– Exfoliate. Exfoliate your entire body and pay special attention to your dry areas – feet, ankles, knees, elbows, neck and underarms. I use exfoliating gloves but you can also use an exfoliating body lotion.
– Moisturise. Moisturise your entire body and again pay special attention to your dry areas.
– Get your tan on. Once you have applied your tan or have had it applied for you, make sure you are completely dry before you get dressed. Wear loose fitting clothes and if you can, don’t wear underwear. This will avoid marks.
– If you are applying the tan yourself, make sure you blend it in well and evenly.
– Always remember to wash between your finger afterwards.
– Let your tan develop for at least 6 – 8 hours and don’t make sure you don’t have a shower before this.
– Moisturise often – at least twice a day. This will prolong your tan.
Love Kirst xx