I scored the recipe for some delicious cookies. They are just like Mrs Field’s cookies! (Awesome!). My sister in law gave me the recipe and even made me some! (Double awesome!).
So that’s all…. I have the recipe…. HA! As if, here it is:
1 Cup of sugar
½ Cup raw sugar
½ Cup butter
½ Cup margarine
2 Eggs Beaten
2 Tea spoons vanilla
½ Tea spoon milk
½ Tea spoon water
2¼ Cups flour
1 Tea spoon salt
1 Tea spoon baking soda
Choc Chips (as desired)
Mix sugars, butter & margarine together.
Add eggs, vanilla, milk & water – Mix well.
Mix in flour, baking soda & salt.
Mix in choc chips.
Form dough into balls and chill in fridge for 1 day. Or not, I mean who thinks of making cookies the day before you want them? I don’t think I could wait another 15 minutes let alone a whole day!
Put dough balls on ungreased baking paper & flatten.
Cook at 325°F or 160°c for 12 – 15 minutes.
My sister in law has also made these cookies with macadamia nuts and white chocolate. To die! I was thinking about making them with m&m’s and peanut butter. Scrumptious!
My husband does most of the cooking in our house. Ok, so he does all the cooking in our house. I heard him telling someone a while ago that he thought I didn’t like handling raw meat and that’s why I can’t cook. I don’t exactly like to handle it (who actually does?) but if I have to do it I will. So I never corrected him and I’ve never had to cook! Good deal, right?!
Despite this, I actually love baking. I have become the person who brings desserts to our little soirées. My mother in law asked me to bring something along for Christmas day. I have always loved and have always been a little bit scared of the new york style baked cheesecake. I found a recipe on bestrecipes.com.au submitted my Marlene that didn’t give me too much anxiety and away I went. It turned out better than I expected and was an absolute hit!
New York Style Baked cheesecake Recipe:
Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutes
250 g plain sweet biscuits
125 g butter, melted
375 g cream cheese
3/4 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1. Base: Crush biscuits and mix well with melted butter.
2. Line 20cm spring pan and press biscuit mixture firmly onto base of pan and refrigerate.
3. Filling: Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
4. Add the 3/4 cup of caster sugar and beat well.
5. Add 1 whole egg, 2 egg yolks, sour cream and lemon juice and beat well.
6. Beat the egg whites until peaks form and then beat in the tablespoon of sugar.
7. Fold in the egg whites through the cream cheese mixture.
8. Pour into the base and book at 140°C (fan forced) or 160°C (not fan forced) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Leave in the oven with the door open for an additional 15 minutes before removing. (This can help to avoid it cracking).
9. Decorate as desired.
I used McVitties digestives biscuits as they crumble a bit better. You can get this at the supermarket. I also added a dash of vanilla essence to the mixture. Just before I served it I added a heap of fresh strawberries on top and drizzled strawberry topping all over.
Love Kirst xx